Enter your keyword

O1, O2, O3 Visa

Lowest Prices in the Industry Guaranteed

Which O Visa Is Right For You?

The O Visa is an extraordinary abilities visa, and it is broken into different types. The O1, O2, and O3 Visa. Below you can find a quick overview of each.

O1 Visa

The O1 is a Non-Immigrant to work in the US. To qualify, you must demonstrate you have an “extraordinary ability” in the field of Art, Athletics, Business, Education, or Science. Although it’s called an “O-1 Visa”, it is made up of two types, “O-1A” and “O-1B”. These two share the same benefits, but the criteria to qualify are different.  O-1B is for people who work in the field of Arts, motion pictures, or television industry and can use an Agent as a sponsor. O-1A authorizations are for those who work in Athletics, Business, Education, or Science.

In addition, the O-1  will allow you to live and work in the US. If your sponsor is an agent, you can freelance or work for multiple employers, but they must give your agent permission to act as your agent.   To qualify for an O Visa, you need to have a job offer. And show that you have achievements in your field of work and that you are “extraordinary.” many different industries use the O-1 Visa. Click here to view the different industries.

Click here to read more about O-1 Visas.

O-2 Visa

An O-2 is a US work authorization granted to the support staff of an O-1 holder. You must link the two applications, and they must apply at the same time. An O-2 alien has all the benefits of an O-1 holder. However, they are completely dependent on the O-1, and if the O-1 they applied with becomes invalid, so does the O-2. O-2’s are hard in that you have to apply to USCIS and prove talent and history with the O-1 holder. However, the level of talent required is lower than that of an O-1 applicant. A good example of an O-2 Visa holder would be a makeup artist accompanying an Actor to a film shoot.

Click here to read more about O-2 Visas.

O-3 Visa

An O-3 is a US Visa granted to families of O-1 or O-2 holders, allowing them to accompany their relative to the US. It is not a work visa. Although you can study in the US while on an O-3 Visa, work is not allowed. Also, the Visa is only good for spouses and minor children.  O-3’s are different than O-1’s and O-2’s because you don’t have to apply to USCIS for approval. Instead, you apply at a consulate/embassy once USCIS has approved your relative’s O-1/O-2. These visas are pretty much rubber-stamped, which means unless something very out of the ordinary happens, you will be easily approved for one.

Click here to read more about O-3.

Basically, if you are extraordinary at your profession, whether a Doctor, Actor, Dog Walker, Circus Member, or any other profession in the categories named above, an O visa might be right for you. If you would like more information, feel free to contact us at info@visasforcreativeartist.com.